- “Content” means all information, documents, intellectual property, services and other material (including any software and links) available on the DestinAsian Website;
- “Disclose” means the transfer or disclosure of Personal Information by DestinAsian Media Private Ltd.
- “User Registration” means the online form provided by DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. at the uniform resource locator http://www.destinasian.com/newsletter-signup/or such other Internet address as DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. may specify;
- “Mandatory Information” means information that DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. may ask you to provide on the DestinAsian website which has been identified as mandatory, and without which DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. will be unable to process any request made by you;
- “Optional Information” means information which Users may choose not to provide to DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. at their option;
- “Parties” means DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. and the User, and “Party” means any one of them;
- “Personal Information” means all personal information provided by the User to DestinAsian Media Private Ltd., including but not limited to the User’s first and last name, email, country, and other personal identifying information.
- “Process” means any use, storage or processing of Personal Information by DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. on the DestinAsian Website;
- “Purposes” means DestinAsian Media Private Ltd.’s purposes for obtaining the Users Personal Information on the DestinAsian Website, including but not limited to:
- keeping the User informed about new products, services or offers which it believes may be of interest to the User;
- any other purpose which DestinAsian.com may from time to time determine.
- “DestinAsian Website” means the website located at the uniform resource locator http://www.destinasian.com
- “Trade Marks” shall mean, without any limitation, the “DestinAsian” and “DestinAsian Media Private Ltd.” names and trade marks, all names, trade marks and devices that are owned, registered or used by DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. or are substantially similar to names, trade marks and devices owned, registered or used by DestinAsian Media Private Ltd., or are displayed on this DestinAsian Website.
- “User” means any person who browses, visits or uses the DestinAsian Website
- Any reference to a “Clause” is to a clause of the Policy.
- A reference to the word “include” or “including” shall not be construed as having any limiting effect
2. Acceptance of Terms
- By accessing and/or using the DestinAsian Website, you accept and agree to be bound by this
- Policy. All Content available on the DestinAsian Website is subject to this Policy. If you do not agreed to this Policy, you may not use, access or submit information to the DestinAsian Website.
- The DestinAsian Website shall be subject to the most current version of the Policy as may be applicable from time to time. DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. reserves the right to change, add to and cancel any or any part of this Policy without prior notice to you at any time, at DestinAsian Media Private Ltd.’s sole discretion, by posting a copy of the amended Policy on the DestinAsian Website.
- This Policy shall be in the English at all times.
- DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. wants you to know that we are as concerned as you are about the privacy of any information that you may provide to us through the DestinAsian Website. DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. makes every attempt to ensure that all our business practices that involve the use of your information are compliant with privacy regulations in the countries where we operate.
- When you use certain online services of the DestinAsian Website, including but not limited to User Registration, Contest and Survey Participations, DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. may ask you to provide certain information which relates to you by filling out and submitting the online forms.
- Accordingly, DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. wants to not only advise you of your privacy rights in relation to your use of our DestinAsian Website but also explain how we intend to respect them.
4. Providing Personal Information on Our DestinAsian Website
- Depending upon the service you wish to use, we may require you to provide Mandatory Information or Optional Information.
- If you do not provide the Mandatory Information with respect to a particular service, we will not be able to process any request you may make.
- There are no consequences where you elect not to provide Optional Information.
- Our web server will recognise your domain name, but not your e-mail address.
- We utilize ‘cookie’ technology in the public area of the DestinAsian Website to facilitate and increase your user experience of the DestinAsian Website by, for example, prevent the same User from making repeated enrolments in DestinAsian’ User Registration.
5. How May Your Personal Information Be Used?
- We propose to Process the Personal Information provided by you to the DestinAsian Website for the Purposes.
- There are no consequences if you do not consent to the Purposes, except where specified on the DestinAsian Website.
6. To Whom and Where May Personal Information Be Disclosed
- Your Personal Information may, for the Purposes described above, be Disclosed by DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. to any or all of its subsidiaries, associated companies or affiliates wherever located in the world in whichever different jurisdiction they may operate, including but not limited to other publications under the DestinAsian Media Group name or brand, depending on which entity can best provide the information requested or products or services sought.
- DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. will not Disclose your Personal Information to third parties which are not subsidiary to, associated or affiliated with, or part of DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. Where a third party Processes your Personal Information on behalf of DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. then such Processing will be governed by a contract in the form required by law.
7. Protection of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the Online Registration and DestinAsian.com is protected in several ways.
- Your information is stored on a secure server that resides behind a firewall after your information reaches DestinAsian Media Private Ltd.
- The firewall is designed to block access to this data from outside DestinAsian Media Private Ltd.
- Inside DestinAsian Media Private Ltd., only selected DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. staff and contractors have access to the server via their password.
8. Retention of Your Personal Information
- Your Personal Information will only be kept for such periods as is permissible by law.
- Where DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. no longer requires your Personal Information for the Purposes, it may permanently erase your Personal Information without prior notice to you
9. Consent and Opt-Out
- By providing your Personal Information and then pressing the Sign Up link, you acknowledge, subject to a notification to the contrary provided in the manner provided below, to be included in DestinAsian Media Private Ltd’s database. Processing your Personal information for the Purposes and, where necessary, the Disclosing of your Personal Information for these Purposes to any or all entities within DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. as well as its subsidiaries, associated companies and affiliates, wherever they may, from time to time, be located.
- Where you do not wish to have Personal Information Processed for any or all of the Purposes, you should so indicate your preference in the text of an e-mail. If you wish to remove your Personal Information from our e-mail and / or direct mailing list providing you with information about new products and services or offers that we believe may be of interest to you, please opt out by checking/unchecking the appropriate boxes in your user account page at the uniform resource locator http://www.destinasian.com/newsletter-signup/.
- You may at any time request DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. via e-mail ([email protected]) to make available a copy of your Personal Information. You have the right to access, update, change, correct or delete your Personal Information and preferences at any time.
- In your correspondence with DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. under this Clause, please indicate the location on the DestinAsian Website where you provided your Personal Information with as much detail as possible. Inaccurate description will cause delay in processing your request.
- You may be able to amend certain Personal Information yourself. This can be accomplished by logging into your profile at the uniform resource locator http://www.destinasian.com/newsletter-signup/, changing the appropriate information and submitting the modified form (subject to the instructions on the web page in question). Your access to this Personal Information should be provided, except in case of maintenance or disruption of our servers, or a Force Majeure Event.
10. General Information
- You may contact DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. at the following email address:[email protected]
- DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. may change, amend, delete or add to the Purposes for Processing at any time and in its sole discretion, and shall notify you of the updated Purposes where required to do so, as soon as practicable. DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. will also publish the most current version of the Policy on the DestinAsian Website.
- Third party web sites to which the DestinAsian Website may link have separate privacy policies and data collection practices. DestinAsian Media Private Ltd. is neither responsible for the content of such web sites nor for such privacy and data collection practices.