Customers can look forward to customizable lighting preferences with large electronically dimmable windows, cleaner air, and a quieter and smoother ride.
Following months of anticipation, Singapore Airlines (SIA) recently took delivery of the world’s first Boeing 787-10 aircraft, also the first of 49 787-10s, which it has on firm order.
Made with lightweight composite materials, the 68-meter aircraft is the longest in the Dreamliner family and offers a total of 337 seats inclusive of 36 in business and 301 in economy.
According to Boeing, the aircraft offers the lowest operating cost per seat of any wide-bodied airplane in service today and gives “Asian operators the flexibility to fly to Europe, Africa, and Oceania”.
The 787-10 has also been configured with SIA’s new regional cabin products, which will be unveiled at an arrival ceremony in Singapore on March 28, after the aircraft’s delivery flight from North Charleston via Osaka.
“Customers can look forward to customizable lighting preferences with large electronically dimmable windows, cleaner air, and a quieter and smoother ride,” SIA said in the press release.
As of now, Singapore Airlines is the first airline group to operate all three variants of the Boeing Dreamliner.
Update on new regional cabin products:
The new 787-10 aircraft will boast features designed with passenger comfort in mind. For instance, the plane comes with hushed engines, vibration dampening technology, and self-adjusting wings to compensate for turbulence. Plus, passengers can enjoy larger windows which dim at the touch of a button, as well as over 1,000 entertainment options from movies to games.
- Expect a good night’s rest with seats that recline to 76-inch long full-flat beds and direct aisle access thanks to the 1-2-1 seat configuration.
- Other features include a 18-inch high-definition touchscreen monitors, in-seat power options, integrated reading light unit with adjustable lighting intensity, and spacious compartments for stowing personal belongings.
- About half of the seats in the center row also come with an adjustable divider that can be raised for privacy or lowered.
- The refreshed economy cabin now come in a relaxing blue and gray color scheme, with seats arranged in a 3-3-3 format.
- Passengers can expect high-definition entertainment touchscreens that measure 11.6 inches, as well as powero options for devices.
- Each seat has an ergonomically-designed contour backrest that provides greater comfort, with a six-way adjustable headrest with foldable wings to provide more neck support.
More information here.