Nancy Silverton Relaunches Osteria Mozza in Singapore

Hilton Singapore Orchard is the new home for the Asian outpost of the one-Michelin-starred L.A. eatery.

All photos courtesy of Osteria Mozza Singapore

Four years after the Marina Bay Sands branch closed its doors, acclaimed American chef Nancy Silverton’s Osteria Mozza is making its return to the Lion City. Set to open on Tuesday (May 31), the 120-seat restaurant is the fifth dining outlet at Hilton Singapore Orchard. Patrons can expect Californian-Italian cuisine characterized by simple cooking techniques and carefully sourced seasonal produce; the menu will feature classics from the original Osteria Mozza in Hollywood, plus a number of new dishes offered only in Singapore.

At the heart of Osteria Mozza is the mozzarella bar, where the meal begins with a selection of five different mozzarellas, burratas, and fresh cheeses, and an impressive array of imported Italian cured meats. Antipasti selections here include the signature affettati misti (cured meat platter) — the variation served in Singapore includes butcher’s pate and trotter fritti as a nod to the local love of trotter meat. Other must-tries from the mozzarella bar include Nancy’s Favorite Trio, which consists of buffalo mozzarella, Cantabrian anchovies, semi-dried tomato and cruschi peppers with fett’unta (grilled, olive oil–soaked bread); smoked burrata and peas; and Silverton’s take on Caesar salad.

Left to right: Nancy Silverton’s take on Caesar salad; garganelli ragù bolognese.

The Mozzarella Bar at Osteria Mozza Singapore (Photo: Daniel Koh/Osteria Mozza Singapore)

Whole branzino alla piastra, a signature dish at Osteria Mozza Singapore.

Osteria Mozza’s two custom-made wood-burning pizza ovens will cook nine kinds of pizzas at lunchtime, and nearly all the pastas on the menu are handmade in-house on a daily basis. One specialty created for Singapore is the cencioni with Dungeness crab and saffron, inspired by Silverton’s experiences trying the local seafood. Every part of the crab is utilized in the dish, from the claws to the meat and belly. The kitchen’s Josper Oven turns out grilled calamari and whole branzino alla piastra (griddled European sea bass with herbs and charred lemon). Second courses include cacciucco, a traditional Tuscan fish stew featuring locally sourced grouper and calamari, alongside venus clams, red prawns, mussels, and red pepper crostone.

Meanwhile, the Italian-meets-American dessert menu is centered around gelato, featuring local fruits like pineapple and rambutan, and Silverton classics like the Butterscotch Budino and rosemary olive oil cakes also make an appearance. Diners with a sweet tooth can even indulge themselves by opting for the Tableside Hot Fudge Sundae Cart service, which offers DIY sundaes with an array of toppings.

The drinks list includes an impressive selection of Italian wines, including organic and sustainable vino, as well as classic Italian cocktails like negroni, aperol spritz, and espresso martinis. Of the 280 wine labels, 90 percent of the list is Italian, while the remaining 10 percent highlights California and New World producers. Osteria Mozza’s kitchen team makes use of locally based talent. Executive chef Peter Birks, who worked with Silverton at Singapore’s previous Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza from 2016–18, was recruited from Burnt Ends, and pastry chef Manaal Syed moved over from Marina Bay Sands’ CUT by Wolfgang Puck.

Osteria Mozza will welcome guests for dinner every Tuesday to Saturday from 5–10:30 p.m.

For the interior, global studio EDG Design took its cues from the stables and tannery buildings once found along Orchard Road during colonial times. (Photo: Daniel Koh/Osteria Mozza Singapore)

The breezy covered terrace at Osteria Mozza. (Photo: Daniel Koh/Osteria Mozza Singapore)

Share this Article

Related Posts

Singapore is Getting Southeast Asia’s First Mondrian Hotel

The artsy, 302-room bolthole in the eclectic Duxton Hill neighborhood will feature a rooftop bar and...

A Michelin-Starred Roman Venue Pops Up at Singapore’s Sofitel Sentosa

For three nights only, acclaimed chef Heinz Beck will be in the kitchen to prepare contemporary Ital...

Singapore’s ACM Launches Batik-Themed Exhibition

“Batik Kita: Dressing in Port Cities” looks at the past and present of the beloved regional art ...

Here are Singapore’s New Michelin-Starred Restaurants for 2022

Michelin Guide inspectors have added four venues and promoted another four on the prestigious list, ...

“Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” Comes to Singapore

Opening this March at Resorts World Sentosa, the exhibition uses large-scale projections and VR for ...

Pangium: Singapore’s New Mod-Peranakan Eatery

Forgotten flavors and ingredients are championed at this intimate fine-diner in the UNESCO-listed Si...