Singapore: Flavors of the Month
With its constant flurry of new chefs, new restaurants, and new menus, Singaporeâ€™s dining scene can be as perplexing as it is exciting. For those who donâ€™t have time to keep up, here are eight of the city-stateâ€™s top dishes to aim for today.
- Steamed clams in dried fig broth spiked with house-made kimchi and sake at Morsels (35 Mayo St.; 65/ 6396-6302).
- Avocado cannelloni stuffed with chorizo-flecked obsiblue prawn tartare at Jaan (70/F, Swissotel The Stamford, 2 Stamford Rd.; 65/6338- 8585).
- Berkshire pork belly with onsen egg, sautĂ©ed mushrooms, and potato foam at Keystone (11 Stanley St.; 65/6221-0046).
- Negitoro tartare crowned with a tongue of sea urchin and black roe at the Flying Squirrel (92 Amoy St.; 65/6226-2203).
- Carpaccio of Hokkaido scallops topped with ikura roe in yuzu-scented miso at East 8 (10 Coleman St.; 65/ 6338-8289).
- Chicken-and-seafood paella at Binomio (20 Craig Rd.; 65/ 6557-0547).
- Oven-roasted bone marrow with sea-salt flakes and parsley at the Market Grill (208 Telok Ayer St.; 65/6221-3323).
- Grilled Canadian lobster with fries at Keong Saik Snacks (49 Keong Saik Rd.; 65/6221-8338).
Originally appeared in the June/July 2013 print issue of DestinAsian magazine (â€śRadar: Singapore: Flavors of the Monthâ€ť)